|Relatives||Ryu Hayabusa (Cloned From)|
|Affiliations||Lords of Alchemy|
|Debut||Ninja Gaiden 3|
The Epigonos' first form looks exactly like Ryu, except his overall colors are darker and has a red tint. His second form, however, took a fiendish appearance, similar to the Fiend Hayabusa Costume.
Ninja Gaiden 3Edit
Originally Ashtear Higgins planned to have Ryu die in London, but his grandson Cliff needs a small sample of his blood so they can put the blood into The Goddess. Before doing so, Ashtear using the Dragon Ninja's blood to make a clone, and the Epigonos awaits to fight Ryu in Antarctica.
The clone was seemingly killed after his encounter with Ryu but, upon revealing his ultimate plan, Ashtear utilizes his alchemy to resurrect and enhance the Epigonos. The revived and stronger Epigonos then fought Ryu again but was yet again still killed by the Dragon Ninja.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Ryu's Abilities: The Epigonos is able to mimic the powers and abilities of Ryu. It fights with a katana in both the perfect copy of Ryu and a warped monster version of Ryu. However, he can also fight Ryu with claws and a scythe. He also utilizes crimson-colored Art of the Piercing Void.
Grip of Murder: The Epigonos also has the power of the Grip of Murder, minus the pain effect.
Fighting the Epigonos is very similar fighting the Doppelganger Fiends in previous games. However, you can actually make him very easy to defeat with this trick: step back, Izuna Drop, repeat. This trick will make him a little problem even in Ultimate Ninja Difficulty. An alternative is spamming the 360 Strong Attack with the Scythe.
- The Epigonos is possibly made to replace the Doppelganger Fiends; both using Ryu's moves and abilities in battle. The only practical difference is that the Epigonos can switch melee weapons on the fly instead of projectiles.
- The Epigonos is first seen when Ryu dreams of being consumed by the curse.
- The Epigonos made a cameo appearance in his 2nd form as one of Ryu's extra costumes in Dead or Alive 5.
- It's also an exclusive costume for Ryu in the Xbox 360/PS3 version of Razor's Edge, obtainable only if you have save data for the original Ninja Gaiden 3.
- When the Epigonos performs the Reverse Wind technique, he dashes in a manner similar to how Ryu did in Ninja Gaiden II instead of sliding like Ryu does in Ninja Gaiden 3
|Shadow Fiend · Lesser Shadow Demon · Flare Shadow Demon · Crow Shadow Demon · Arioch · Inferno Shadow Demon · Bast Fiend · Ogre · Vigoorian Berserker · Van Gelf · Doppelganger Fiend · Hydracubus · Paz Zuu · Giant Worm · Giant Death Worm|
|Bone Dragon · Ghul · Ghost Fish · Phantom · Vampire|
|Galla · Gobdeck · Werewolf · Gaja · Monk Fiend|
|Yotunfrau · Godomus|
|Buddha Statue · Statue of Liberty|
|Smaugan · Ice Dragon · Quetzalcoatl/Quetzacoatl Spawn · Water Dragon · Black Dragon|
|Homunculus/Moon Child · Ourboros · Celsus Fiend/Paracelsus Fiend · Megaselion/Demon Baphomet · Magna Persona Fiend/Magna Fiend · Epigonos|