|Relatives||Momiji (younger sister)|
|Affiliation||Hayabusa Ninja Clan|
|Occupation||Dragon Shrine Maiden|
|Previous Partner||Ryu Hayabusa|
As children, Kureha and Ryu were almost inseparable. When they grew to adulthood, though, Ryu walked the path of the shinobi while Kureha became a shrine guardian. As guardian of the Dragon Lineage Shrine, she was charged with the protection of the Eye of the Dragon.
Ninja Gaiden SigmaEdit
When Doku attacked the village, she was killed trying to prevent the theft of the Dark Dragon Blade. This help spur on Ryu's quest for vengeance. It was at her grave that Ryu obtained the Eye of the Dragon, and where he later returned it to.
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon SwordEdit
Six months later, Kureha would return to the world as a benevolent spirit, lending her assistance to Ryu and her sister Momiji in the second battle against the fiends of Hell and the reborn Dark Dragon.
- In Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black, Kureha does not appear in-game, but rather is only seen in a pre-rendered movie. In Ninja Gaiden Sigma, this pre-rendered movie is not used and she has an in-game model depicting her death.
- At the end of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, during the ending credits, there is a small clip of Kureha sweeping a bridge, and smiling at a bird landing on her finger.
- In Ninja Gaiden the Eye of the Dragon was placed on her grave, and Ryu took it to be able to defeat The Vigoor Emperor when he revisited the Hayabusa Village.
- At the end of Ninja Gaiden, there is a small quiet movie of Ryu returning the Eye of the Dragon back to her grave.
- In Ninja Gaiden II and 3, Kureha's grave is moved roughly one metre, but her gravestone has become much more extravagant.
- In Ninja Gaiden 3, it is Kureha's grave that Ryu is praying at when he returns to the village.