Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is a re-release of Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PlayStation Vita. Unlike the previous remakes of Ninja Gaiden (Xbox), Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus features an easy setting called "Hero" mode, making it more accessible to casual gamers.
Because Sigma plus was released on the PSVita, the framerate was capped to 30 FPS, unlike the 60 FPS that the other versions had.
Sigma Plus also takes advantage of the additional features that the Vita offers, including:
- Gyroscopic first-person aiming. By tilting the PlayStation Vita, the player can adjust the camera angle in first-person viewing modes.
- Back touchpad controls. Tapping symbols using the rear touchpad will allow Ryu to boost the power of his Ninpo.
- Touch screen controls. Players can go into first-person mode by tapping the touch screen.
- Armor of Power: "Increase Projectile Weapon damage."
- Armor of Intelligent: "Decrease Health, Increase Ki slot"
- Armor of Speed: "Increase Flying Swallow Damage"
- Furious Tiger Helm: "Decrease Attack. Increase Defence."
- White Tiger Helm: "Decrease Attack. Greatly Increase Defence."
- Red Dragon Helm: "Decrease Defence. Increase Attack."
- Azure Dragon Helm: "Decrease Defence. Greatly Increase Attack."
- Dragon Gauntlet: "Boost Power of Blue Essence."
- Falcon Gauntlet: "Boost Power of Ninpo."
- Holy Gauntlet: "Slightly decrease Damage. Increase ability to absorb Yellow Essence."
Rachel can equip Glasses that affect her status in the following ways:
- Metal Frames: "Boost power of Blue Essence."
- Sunglasses: "Boost power of Sorcery."
- Face Guard: "Slightly decrease Damage. Increase ability to absorb Yellow Essence."
These new accessories are equippable even when the player has accessories from another category equipped, and the effects even stack with each other (For example, Ryu's attack power is greatly boosted if he equips both The Armlet of the Sun and the Azure Dragon Helm).
Additionally, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus adds one new costume for Ryu and two for Rachel.